A Safer Border
FACT: Immigration reform will mean a safe border
If we pass comprehensive immigration reform, we ensure the prosperity of the border by:
- Border trade, with is essential to U.S. prosperity, will be made smoother.
- Taxpayers will save millions not spent on expensive, but ineffective border security measures, such as the border fence.
- Law enforcement will be able to focus on real border threats, such as violent drug and human trafficking gangs and the arms traffickers who furnish them with American guns.
- Organized criminal gangs of human smugglers who prospered from ever tighter border security measures will be disrupted.
- The lives of about 400 migrants who die each year while trying to cross in remote desert located because of “seal-the-border” operations will be saved.
- U.S.-Mexico relations will be enhanced, which will in turn promote bi-national cooperation on security, trade and other matters.
- Border communities will be treated as they deserve, as a valuable and intrinsic part of the country, not a forgotten region to be used for political gain.