For Family Values
FACT: Immigration reform respects true family values
If we pass comprehensive immigration reform, we uphold American family values:
- Immigrant families that are now torn apart by detention, deportation and visa delays will be kept together.
- Immigrants who are not criminals will stop crowding detention centers for months or years at a time.
- The Social Security system will be buttressed when younger immigrant workers are able to contribute to it and ensure that aging American receive benefits.
- Immigrant children, who should not suffer for a decision their parents made to immigrate, will get an opportunity to go to college and join a better-educated, more competitive American workforce.
- The need for illegal immigration will be reduced when visa delays and visa caps are tackled and families can reunify in the United States legally.
- Our American values of fairness, compassion and family unity will be upheld.