For our Border Communities
If we pass comprehensive immigration reform … We ensure the prosperity of the border
• Border trade, with is essential to U.S. prosperity, will be made smoother.
• Taxpayers will save millions not spent on expensive, but ineffective border security measures, such as the border fence.
• Law enforcement will be able to focus on real border threats, such as violent drug and human trafficking gangs and the arms traffickers who furnish them with American guns.
• Organized criminal gangs of human smugglers who prospered from ever tighter border security measures will be disrupted.
• The lives of about 400 migrants who die each year while trying to cross in remote desert located because of “seal-the-border” operations will be saved.
• U.S.-Mexico relations will be enhanced, which will in turn promote bi-national cooperation on security, trade and other matters.
• Border communities will be treated as they deserve, as a valuable and intrinsic part of the country, not a forgotten region to be used for political gain.