If we pass comprehensive immigration reform … We make the United States more secure
• Law enforcement resources and strategies will be refocused on the real threats to our security, such as terrorism, drug trafficking, and gang activity.
• Police will get better cooperation from immigrant communities to fight crime if the community does not fear being turned over to immigration authorities.
• When undocumented immigrants come out of the shadows, the real criminals hiding among them will be found.
• When hardworking immigrants don’t have to live outside the law because of unfair legislation, the rule of law will be restored.
• Law enforcement officials will be made accountable for respecting the human and civil rights of all.